Every company has a sales department that must:
- Sell, and as expensive as possible.
- Try to increase conversions by affecting overall metrics.
- Retain customers as new customers always cost more.
- Increase the main source of profits growth.
Any sales department, always or in most cases, uses a conversation script - a pre-built logical chain of answers, depending on the situation. A good manager follows this chain, but a bad one does not.
To understand how a manager works, a 100-point call scoring system is usually introduced. Initially, the quality assurance department listens to conversations of every manager. Then it assesses each question. The core of the subject is that the employee of the department must follow the rules: introduce himself, warn that the conversation is recorded, must not stumble, must not be rude, conduct a conversation using the script (predefined rules and conversational tactics), tell the date of the next call, and so on.
If there are a lot of screw-ups, then it may be not the employee, but eventually the system to be blamed. Therefore, evaluating any situation the quality department begins to select various motivational or other strategies, such as training, course implementation, or bonuses.
A high percentage of "no success" on a call or incorrectly closed objections requires a detailed study. Existing data in companies do not give the desired result, as they discover only superficial problems. A point is created at which the process freezes.
Being a classical case, it is for this that the company applied for the implementation of analytics that could clearly represent the work in the heart of the sales department. The task:
The scheme of work of the company, that needed this report, is almost identical to the described above. In this scheme, we needed to adjust several points that affect the reliability of all possible data:
- The calls of each of the managers were listened to by a person from the quality assurance on our side. The number of calls for each of the managers comprised from 1 to 5.
- We decided on the list of verification questions for the existing script. The total of questions is 32, 1 check.
- We chose the method to evaluate every call. There are two grading systems: binary, where a fixed number of points for each question are given, and weighted, where key points can be obtained from certain questions that need to be emphasized. We agreed on the binary system.
Then we fine-tuned the CRM-system. Namely, it was decided to transfer the items for putting marks in the form of additional fields in AMO, since all data was stored and maintained in tables, which was extremely inconvenient. We duplicated questions from the scripts to the deal profile, where the manager listens to the call and puts down yes / no, filling out this profile. Accordingly, you needed to configure Power BI, analyze the information and make the summary of data. We found it necessary to include the following pages into the report:
- Analysis of key issues.
- Report with comparison of results by questions and managers in the view of two different dates.
- Control of the execution of the required number of checks by the quality assurance department itself, for the relevance of the analytics results.
- amoCRM (it is also possible to use Bitrix24) – tracking system.
- MS Power BI – visualization instrument.
- – information retrieval and collection.